Why should you get your business certified?
There are several reasons why you should get your business certified:
- Some entities have purchasing goals. Only certified companies can participate.
- Certification adds legitimacy to your business. You have gone through a process that has determined that your business is owned and controlled by a minority, woman, or disadvantaged business.
- Certification can afford you loan and bonding opportunities.
- Certification can be a marketing tool for your business. You can add your certifications to your marketing materials, business cards, website, etc. Many consumers like during business with a veteran, minority, or women-owned businesses.
- Certification can be used in the private sector. Many companies don’t have a certifying program but will accept the certifications from some government agencies to have supplier diversity.